Raspberry Pi GPIO Control Center — 9 Comments

  1. Really interesting post. Thanks. It’s fantastic that you can run this (very well implemented) blog on a RPi. I’m most impressed.

  2. Thanks for some very useful instructions on getting this all set up. I’ve had some hiccups, but there are enough breadcrumbs for me to puzzle them out (and learn more in the process) However, got a question for you now :
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.animation.Animator.Animator

    Seeing that now trying to start up. Any thoughts?

    • Hi there! I’m not a Java expert, I’m barely a Java amateur to be honest 🙂 But it sounds to me like the Animator class is either missing or not in the right place for the compiler. I guess that’s kind of obvious. Unfortunately I’m up in the mountains these days, I can’t figure it out from here. If you find a solution, please post it as a comment, not just for my curiosity, but it might help somebody in the future 🙂


  3. Hi,
    an excellent post and I am so excited to get this running. After downloading the I am not able to extract using the tar -zxvf command it is giving error :
    gzip: stdin has more than one entry–rest ignored
    tar: Child returned status 2
    tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
    I tried downloading on my laptop and sftp to the pi still same results…
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance,

    • Hey Devesh!
      I’m really happy that you’re interested. I’ll check it as soon as I get home. Until then just try unpacking it any way you can. Maybe with some other software?


        • OK, I have figured it out 🙂 The archives were packed with ZIP, not with TAR. So instead of “tar -zxvf” just use “unzip” 🙂
          I’ll fix the instructions in the article too soon.


  4. I was getting all kind of errors like below:
    1. “UnsatisfiedLinkError: /tmp/tomcat7-tomcat7-tmp/”
    2. SEVERE: ClassNotFoundException while loading persisted sessions: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.server.WebApplicationContex
    3. java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.server.WebApplicationContex

    ….and this is how I fixed the issues.
    1. Edit /etc/default/tomcat7 and changed a few lines as below


    restart tomcat and all started working as it should 🙂

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.